Long awaited announcement about photos from the Father/Daughter dance: please read the whole post as this is going to be a staggered delivery. If your student is enrolled in Colts Online Academy AND you have signed up to pick up meals on Friday 1-2pm, the PTO will have a table set up after the meal distribution to pick up pictures. We need the child’s name and grade. In person students, we are working on getting current class lists to put in teacher mailboxes next week. The picture came in with student name and last years teacher so we need to organize them for their current teachers. Lastly, if you are not in either, send me a pm so we can arrange a contact free pickup for your photos. Again, we will need student name and last years grade. I’m so glad that we (the PTO) get to provide a little sunshine and smile with these beautiful pictures! Please, if you have any questions, comments or concerns, direct them to myself or our executive board. The office and school have so much on their plates right now and we can handle this one- Jennifer Dawson. Please contact Mr. Moody at email@example.com if you need Mrs. Dawson’s contact information.
The Cloverleaf Elementary Preschool would like to welcome all of our new and returning preschool students with a video and slideshow. We cannot wait to see all of you.
We want to thank you for your patience and understanding in the dismissal process with the new PikMyKid app. The second day of dismissal went much better than the first day, largely because our cellular service was stable for our devices. We want to continue to improve our dismissal process with the new app, and we are discovering new ways to improve the process daily. One improvement we are making for today is that we are asking you to not announce your arrival until you reach our new sign where the Buffham Road driveway meets the office parking lot. This is a temporary sign that will eventually be replaced with a permanent sign. The reason for this change is that every time a parent clicks announce while waiting in the Buffham Road driveway, it sends their information into our queue in the app, and then the first dispatcher you encounter (Mr. Moody… me) has to scroll through all of the names that have already been announced. If parents wait until they are at the edge of the parking lot to announce their arrival, then there will only be a few names to scroll through and the first dispatcher can assign your car a spot in line much faster. Thank you again for your help and understanding as we continue to improve this process.
Hi everyone! This message is for incoming kindergarten parents for face to face instruction.
This is a reminder that Kindergarten class lists will be posted tomorrow, Wednesday, September 9th by 4:00 PM. You will find them on the office area windows and the main event door windows.
Also, we have decided to open the school up on Thursday evening, September 10th, for you and your child to find their classroom. I have details below on how this will be done. Please adhere to the guidelines so we can make this safe for all of our families.
Here are the details for Thursday, Sept. 10th:
Each child can have one adult bring them to the building at the following designated times for their teacher:
Mrs. Shaeffer (Red Hall) Room B113
Mrs. Rickard (Orange Hall) Room C104
Mrs. Shannon Smith (Orange Hall) Room C115
Miss Watkins (Red Hall) Room B111
Miss Nicola (Orange Hall) Room C108
Mrs. Romanoff/Mrs. Leonhardt who is subbing for Mrs. Romanoff (Orange Hall) Room C113
Mrs. Sarah Smith (Orange Hall) C106
Items to note:
- Please do not come at a different time as we will only be allowing people to enter the building at their designated time to help maintain social distancing.
- All visitors must wear a mask while in the building.
- We will not have teachers here during this time.This is only to help the child find their classroom and we do not want people in the building for a long period of time.
- Classrooms will not be accessible but you will be able to look in the classroom.
This is to make sure we keep the rooms sanitized for our incoming students the next day.
- There will be items placed on tables outside the classroom for you to take. This will include name tags and pick up numbers.
Where to enter the building:
- If your child is being dropped off and picked up you will park in the parking lot off of Buffham Road and enter through the office doors. You will walk down the main hallway and look for the color hallway of your child’s classroom, (Red or Orange).
- If your child is riding a bus you will enter from Friendsville Road and park in the bus parking lot and enter in the red or orange hallway where your child’s classroom is located.
- Please exit out the same doors you came in.
- Please try to maintain social distancing at all times.
- We will have a staff member in each area to guide you.
If you are unable to attend during this time please know we will help your child find their classroom the next morning. We will have many staff members helping our kindergarteners. We look forward to seeing you soon!
We are providing this PDF representation of our upstairs and downstairs classroom locations in hopes that it helps you and your children find their teachers’ classrooms for the first day of school. If students know which hallways and floors to go to on the first day of school, then it will help us with getting all of our students to the correct classrooms. This is a more difficult task this year due to not being able to have a traditional open house. It would also be helpful if you could put some type of label on your child’s backpack for the first day of school, including their name and their teacher’s name. By the second day of school students will not need the tags. Thank you in advance for your assistance, patience, and understanding.
As you may have heard, Cloverleaf will be able to provide free breakfasts and lunches for all students through December 31st. We just heard this news through the state on Friday. Carrie Beegle, our Food Services Director will be sending out more information for families of students in our Colts Online Learning Academy regarding how to participate in this program while at home. For our in-person students, this means they can simply eat breakfast and/or lunch each day at school by putting in their order with their homeroom teacher.
However, please note that this news came from the state after the orders were already placed for Tuesday’s breakfast service. We will not have enough breakfast supplies to accommodate our students for Tuesday morning. We will only have enough breakfasts to feed students who forgot to eat breakfast at home or who come to us very hungry. Please plan to feed your children at home on Tuesday and we will be able to accommodate all interested students for breakfast starting Wednesday, September 9th.
We are excited to share that after careful consideration, our school will now be using a program to help organize the school dismissal process and improve safety. This program is a phone application downloaded onto your smart phone (found in the app store) and will allow you to notify the school of pick-up changes and authorize others to pick-up your child from school, alert you when your child has been picked up or sent home on the bus, as well as help organize the car line during pick-up. If you do not have a smartphone, do not worry, we can use the numbers from our new car tags for you to announce your arrival to pickup your children. All families will have car tags whether they are using the phone app or not.
The registration process is easy and we ask that all parents register with the phone application as soon as possible. Several resources are included below to help you understand how to use the application and assist you with this transition. Please make sure you register with your personal current mobile phone number or the app will not allow you to access your child’s information for security reasons.
If you do not think the school has your mobile number on file or if your child does not appear in your app’s home page, contact firstname.lastname@example.org after registration, with an email address the school has on file, with your child’s name, school, grade, and updated contact information for you.
Anyone who will be picking up your child should also register themselves with the application. Their screen will be blank and they will not have any authorization until you allow it within the app.
Also, we will begin distributing car tags for any parents who would like ot pick theirs up early this afternoon, Friday September 4th from 1:00-4:00 pm under the front office overhang. Please bring your picture ID if you plan to pickup your car tags early. If you cannot pickup your car tags today, then car tags will be distributed at drop-off and pickup on our first days of school, Tuesday September 8th. Again, please be sure to have a picture ID to help with the car tag distribution process. Thank You for your cooperation! Please note: If you want to know more, go to this link https://www.pikmykid.com/features/for-parents/
- Please bring a picture identification to receive your car tags
- Cards can be picked up on Friday from 1:00-4:00 or during pickup and drop-off on Tuesday, September 8th.
- Car tags will be required to be displayed in the windshield or on the dashboard on the passenger side of the vehicle during the entire pickup process.
- We have not yet received our PikMyKid stop sign. It will eventually be placed where the Buffham Driveway meets the Office Parking Lot. Until then, we will have a staff member near that spot at the grass island in the parking lot to help parents with announcing their arrival in the PikMyKid app.
- Please bare with us as this process is new and we know it may have some glitches initially before it increases our efficiency with pickup. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
Please check out the PikMyKid Resources below to help you with the download and registration process:
In lieu of an Open House this year, Cloverleaf Elementary Staff put together a Meet the Staff Video, the specials teachers put together a welcome video, and some grade levels put together slideshows they wanted to share.
Please enjoy this video put together by our Dean of Students and the Cloverleaf Elementary Staff.
Please enjoy the welcome video created by our specials teachers.
The following links are for slideshows put together by first and second grade:
The following Google Sheet link will take you to our Building Entrance Guide that can help your child know which doors to enter on the first day of school based on where there classroom is located: Building Entrance Guide
The following message was sent through a voice all-call on Monday, August 31st:
This is Karen Martin, Co- Principal of Cloverleaf elementary and I am calling to remind you that we will have class lists posted for grades 1st to 5th on Tuesday, September 1st after 4 PM. PS and Kindergarten’s lists will be posted on Wednesday, September 9th.
Secondly, we wanted to let you know about a change in our virtual Open House to a “Meet the Teacher and Staff” video for face to face students that will be placed on our blog for you to access at your convenience. This will be posted on Thursday, September 3rd by 5 PM for grades 1st through 5th, Kindergarten’s “Meet the Teacher and staff” video will be posted on Thursday, September 10th for their first day of school on September 11th. We thought this would be more convenient for you and your family to enjoy at your leisure.
The last item is we will be having medication drop off tomorrow from 3 PM to 7PM and then on Wednesday, September 2nd from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. This is for students who take medicine during school hours.
All of the information on this all call can be found on our CES Blog for you to review. Thank you and we hope you have a great evening.
We know that parents have many questions about the upcoming school year. The purpose of this blog entry is to answer many of the questions you might have and to tell you about some upcoming school events.
- Chromebook Pickup for Colts Online Academy Students– We will have a chromebook pickup event for those students who have opted-in to our Colts Online Academy. To pickup a chromebook for your online student, please make sure you have completed the Back-to-School Portal, https://update.cloverleaflocal.org/login , (as it includes a technology agreement form), and then you may come to CES on Friday, August 28th from 8:30-5:00 in the CES cafeteria. Parents should come through the event doors on the Friendsville Road side of the building, walk to the cafeteria, and pickup the chromebook(s) from the CES staff who will make sure all of the paperwork is in order and provide you with a chromebook.
- Class Lists– Student class lists for grades 1-5 will be posted in three window locations at CES on Tuesday, September 1st at 3:00. All of the lists will be posted in the windows by the office, the windows by the event doors, and on the windows to the cafeteria from the playground. Having lists posted in three different locations will help parents be able to view the lists without feeling crowded. Kindergarten class lists will be posted on Wednesday, September 9th.
- Open House– It has been decided that there will not be a whole building Open House this year. Some teachers may decide to create introductory Google slides or videos that you can view at your convenience before school begins. We will share more information with you as soon as we have it.
- Kindergarten Screening– If you have an incoming kindergarten student, and you have not yet received a letter in the mail for a kindergarten screening date and time, please call the office (330-302-0102) and our secretaries will help you schedule a date and time for in-person kindergarten screening. The screening process is also when our kindergarten students will be able to see classrooms and gain some familiarity with the building.
- Pickup and Drop-off– Pickup and drop-off will look a little different this year. We are going to be using a new app called PikMyKid to help with parent pickup and drop-off, but all parent pickup and drop-off will continue to be in the same parking lot off of Buffham Road. We will have more information going out soon about the PikMyKid app. Please do not try to download and install the PikMyKid app until after we send you the registration information. Bus arrival and dismissal will be done differently this year to help with social distancing, and you may notice the buses running a few minutes later the first few days while we master this new process.
- First Days of School for Different Grade Levels– The first day of school for grades 1-5 will be Tuesday, September 8. The first day of school for kindergarten will be Friday, September 11. The first day of school for preschool will be Monday, September 14. Our school day for grades K-5 will continue to be 9:00-3:45.
- Changes to Building Policies and Procedures– To maintain the safety of our students and staff, to assist in maintaining the recommended social distancing, and to reduce logistical difficulties with any contact tracing, parents will not be able to enter the building this year beyond the front office. Unfortunately this means parents will not be able to walk their children to their classrooms or be able to eat lunch with their children at school.